News/Forthcoming Events Last Update: 6/9/14
Updates - 7th Sept 2014
- Open Gala - Accepted entries and warm up schedule for our Dave Warriner memorial Early Season Taster gala are now available on the Open galas page.
- Club Records - These have been updated to reflect to galas through to August. See Club Records page. See also latest pictures in our Hall of Fame.
- New Fees due - All members are reminded to update their standing orders to reflect the new squad fees. Changes were effective 1st September.
- 2015 Essex Age group qualifying times published - see Planned galas page. Please note the change for next year to age as at 31st December.
Updates - 5th , 9th & 16th August 2014
- Nationals - Congratulations to all our participants in the British Gas National Age Group/Youth Championships and especially to our finalists Harvey Jolly, Conor Harrold, Lewis Clifford-Stephenson and our English backstroke champion: Brooke Frost! See 2014 National Report & Gala Results page.
- Open Meet - Visiting clubs please note that our September Early Season Opener meet is now FULL. We ARE still accepting entries for our Autumn Short course and 1500/800m County qualifier meets in October and December.
- Open Water - A Fantastic day at the Regional and County Open Water Championships. BPSC Swimmers brought home 3 Regional medals and 9 County Medals. See Gala Results page.
- Hall of Fame - We’ve added a few more photos to our Hall of Fame - take a look!
- Club Records - The club age group records have been updated to include some fantastic performances at our end of season open gala. See the Club Records page for details. Congratulations to: Charles Royle, Harvey Jolly, Aidan Robinson, Erin Lee, Bryony Umfreville, Molly Redgrave, Caitlin Watson-Dotchin, Keelan Gosney, Evlin Servis, Katrina Farrall, Cole Shepard, Tyler Berry, Mason Hunnisett, Samuel Pease, Emily Tatam, Evie Hunnisett, Ciara Rafferty and Billy Fox who all set records of various kinds at this gala. Over the weekend Molly Redgrave set 6 new long course records and two overall records in the 9 yr age group. Her 50m Breaststroke time broke one of the longest standing club age group records previously held by Ciarra Rafferty and set at the first competitive gala entered by the new club in 2010. It was lose one, win one for Ciarra at the weekend who herself set a new 50m Long Course record for the 50m Freestyle 13 yr age group in the same meet. Another highlight was Erin Lee who set a new record in the 200m Fly beating her own record set at our previous gala in April.
Updates - 15 & 21st July 2014
- Results - Results from our End of Season LC open gala are now available on the Open Galas page.
- Splash Night - Results from the recent summer splash night are available here.
- Squad restructure - Details of the revised squad structure and session times announced at the 10th July meeting are now available on this website. See Squad Structure page for details. Letters are available to collect from the club desk either on a Monday or Friday night. There is one for every swimmer and it is important that these are collected by parents ASAP. This explains the new squads and times when coming back from our summer shutdown. There is also an important slip to return accepting/not accepting your child's placement.
- AGM - Reminder that the club Annual General meeting will take place on Thursday 17th July at 8pm in the creche at Basildon Sporting Village. See 2014 AGM Agenda. All parents and club members are encouraged to attend.
- Glossary - A new list of of some terms commonly used in swimming which can be hard for a newcomer to understand is available. See BPSC Swimming Glossary.
Updates - 22nd June 2014
- Squad restructure - There will be a meeting for parents and swimmers aged 18+ on Thursday 10th July 7-9pm to announce details of the planned squad and session changes which will take effect after the summer break. Location: The Noble Room, The Green Centre, Wat Tyler Country Park.
- AGM - The club Annual General Meeting will take place on Thursday 17th July at 8pm in the creche at Basildon Sporting Village. There are likely to be a few vacancies on the club committee and we would very much welcome some 'new blood'. It is not necessary to have any specific experience just a willingness to help out and run and improve our swimming club to make it as good a place as possible for our children to swim. If you want to have an informal chat to any of the existing committee about what is involved, a full list of current committee members can be found on the 'About Us' page of the website. Don't be put off by any of the formal paperwork or process. A willing and enthusiastic volunteer with a few ideas is always extremely welcome. Committee nomination form.
- End of Season Meet - Accepted entries and a revised schedule with warm-up times have been posted to the Open galas page.
- Club Records - Updates to the overall and age group club records have been published on the club records page. Congratulations to Evlin Servis who has set two breaststroke long course club records for the 13-year age group and to Charles Royle who set a new 200m Freestyle long course record in the 9&under age group. Congratulations also to Connor Harold, Mason Hunnisett, James Day, Harry Nicholls, Harvey Jolly, Brooke Frost and Bryony Umfreville who all improved on club age group long course records in the last few weeks.
- Hall of Fame - The Roll of Honour has also been updated with recent achievements relating to 2014 East Region and County championships. See Hall of Fame page.
- Mini-League Report - See Gala Results page for a short report from our most recent mini-league gala.
- Swim21 - The club recently secured renewal of its Swim21 accreditation from the ASA in recognition of good governance process and standards. Well done and many thanks to Sharon Griffiths and all the other volunteers and coaches who helped in preparing the material necessary for this review!
Updates - 24th May 2014
- Club Records - Club records have been updated for all competitions up to 4th May. See Club Records page for details. Congratulations to Brooke Frost, Connor Harrold and Lewis Clifford-Stevenson who set overall club records since the previous update in March, and Erin Lee and Charlotte Hartin who set new club age group records. An especial congratulation to Lewis as his time of 28.49 for 50m Breaststroke achieved at the British championships in Glasgow was an Essex county and East Region long course record!
- Hall of Fame - new pictures from 2014 Essex counties have been added to the BPSC Hall of Fame.
- Holiday - Please note that there will be no sessions on 26th May due to the Bank holiday.
Updates - 15th May 2014
- Membership Fees - Annual membership fees are due on 1st June for all swimmers. Please see the 2014 membership letter with details. Please ensure your fee is paid otherwise you will not be to participate in training sessions.
- Gala - A new recommended gala has been added to the program in June for non regional & national qualifiers but entries close this week. See Planned galas for details.
Updates - 3rd May 2014
- Open Galas - Details for BPSC Open meets in September, October and January have been added to the Open galas page.
- Session changes - Please note that there are no training sessions on Monday 5th May due to the Bank Holiday.
Updates - 26th April 2014
- Galas - Details for East Region/Essex Open Water championships and information for the upcoming Braintree Open gala have been added on Planned galas page. Results files (all clubs) for the recent Halsted meet have been added to the Gala Results page. The Sportsystem entry file has been updated for our BPSC End of Season meet - see Open galas page.
Updates - 21st April 2014
- Easter Meet - The results for our Easter meet are now published on the Open galas page. Many thanks to the volunteers and officials who gave generously of their time to assist with the running of this event.
- Arena League - Planned gala dates for the new National League season have been added to the Calendar of Events.
Updates - 16th & 18th April 2014
- Planned galas - The schedule and conditions for the Essex Relay gala in July have been added to the Planned galas page. Also added is the warmup schedule for the April Redbridge gala.
- Easter - Further information added for session changes due to the Easter weekend. See Session Amendments page.
- Records - Apologies for missing Caitlin Watson-Dotchin off the list of new age group record holders in the last update. Caitlin has broken all three club girls 12 yrs age group records in breaststroke over the last two months so well done Caitlin!
Updates - 12th April 2014
- British Championships - Good luck to our swimmers Conor Harold, Lewis Clifford-Stephenson, Danielle Hartin and Charlotte Hartin who will be competing in the British Championships in Glasgow over the next few days. You can watch their performances live on the British swimming website.
- Open Gala - An updated schedule plus the Sportsystems file and single swimmer entry form for our End of Season Long Course meet have been added to the Open Galas page.
- Counties - The series of events which made up the 2014 Essex Age Group Championships ended on 28th March. All Block C results have now been added to the Gala Results page. There were many great performances by BPSC swimmers over the three blocks. Especial congratulations go to Brooke Frost who won Top Girl in the 13yrs category and won the Essex ASA award for ‘Most outstanding performance by a BAGCAT swimmer’. Congratulations also to Aidan Robinson and Harry Nicholls who both finished overall runner-up in their respective categories. In the club competition BPSC eventully finished in overall 5th place. We’d also like to take this opportunity thank all the BPSC volunteers without whom this event could not have been run.
- Club Records - The overall and age group club records have been updated to reflect galas over the last couple of months. Congratulations to: Aidan Robinson, Conor Harold, Bradley Clarke, Brooke Frost, Georgia Mills and Charlotte Hartin who all set new overall club records since the last update in January. Also to Caitlin Watson-Dotchin, James Day, Vincent Melo Peet and Samantha Pfeiffer who joined the list of age group record holders in this update.
- Regionals - The latest schedule and entry details for the East Region youth and age group championships have been added to the planned galas page.
Updates - 4th April 2014
- Easter Meet - Information on accepted entries, time trials, rejected entries and warmup schedule are all published on our Open Galas page.
Updates - 28th March 2014
- New Session - There is an additional session arranged for the Club Youth squad at the Billericay Lake Meadows pool. This will take place on Wednesday evenings between 6:15 and 7:15pm and starts from 2nd April. We anticipate being able to announce additional sessions for other squads at a later date.
Updates - 23rd March 2014
- Session Change - On 28th March the Sporting Village will be hosting the final block of the 2014 Essex Age group championships. Replacement sessions for selected slots have been established at Billericay pool. See Session Amendments page for details.
- Counties - Congratulations to all BPSC swimmers who competed in block B of the Essex Age Group championships. Block B results are available here and on the Gala Results page. BPSC climbed one place to lie fourth in the Essex club points table at the end of this block.
Various - 15th March 2014
- Policies - A copy of the photography and Social Media protocol has been added to our Policies page. All members & relatives are requested to review these.
- Regional Championships - Entry packs including schedule, qualifying times and conditions have been posted on the Planned Galas page for the 2014 East Region Youth and Age Group (BAGCAT) Championships
- Speed Awards - Reminder that certificates/badges for Speed Awards can be ordered from our club desk. See Speed Award times.
Various - 22nd Feb 2014
- Gala Calendar - Updates to the forthcoming galas have been added to Planned galas page and calendar of events. This includes the Halsted gala which is suitable for our younger swimmers.
- Results - Results from first block of Essex Age Group Championships are available on the Results page.
Various - 10th & 15th Feb 2014
- Mini League - A short report on the 8th February team mini-league gala is available on the Gala Results page.
- Open Gala - The Sportsystems entry file is now available for our Easter open meet. See Open galas page.
- Session changes - On Friday 14th Feb squad session changes have been made due to the Essex County event at the Basildon Sporting Village. See Session Amendments page for details. The Sunday morning session on 16th February is also cancelled.
- Counties - WarmUp times and other information relating to the Essex County Age Group Championships which start this weekend have been added to the Planned Galas page.
Various - 14th Jan 2014
- Open Gala - The results file from our New Year short course meet is now available.
- Club Records - A updated set of records with results from up to and including last weekend are now available. No less than nine new overall club records have been set in the last two months – Connor Harrold (x5), Brooke Frost (x2), Sonny Ford, Bradley Clarke, and Tia Colby. There were also new age group records set by Cole Sheppard, Danielle Hartin, Mason Hunnisett, Lily May, Evie Mickley, Harvey Jolly, Harry Nicholls, Aaron Clarke, Ruby Wilson, Charlotte Hartin and Jessica Ford. Many congratulations to all! See Club Records page for details.
- Arena League Report - Just before the Christmas break our Arena league team took part in the final gala of the current season. In our first year back in the National Arena League, we gained an excellent second position behind an extremely strong Hillingdon Team. The atmosphere at the pool was electric with both swimmers and spectators being in great voice supporting our swimmers throughout the gala . This excellent team performance, where every point counted, gave us 2nd position overall in the league and gained us promotion to Division 1 for next season, just ahead of a very strong Luton team.
Various - 21st & 23rd Dec 13
- Open Gala - The results file from our Winter Long Course meet is now available. Many thanks to all those volunteers and officials who made this event a success. Also, the schedule for our January level 3 meet is now published with amended warm-up times. See Open Galas page.
PS: Merry Christmas!
- East Region QT’s - The Qualifying times for the 2014 East Region championships have been changed. The updated versions are now available at the top of the Planned Galas page.
- Club Records - The club age group records have been amended to reflect galas through to 8th December. Congratulations to Brooke Frost, Samantha Pfeiffer, Alicia Lindsay, Danielle Hartin, Eavie Mickley, Tia Colby, Harvey Jolly, Keelan Gosney, Harry Nicholls, Ben Harvey, Connor Harold and Lewis Cooper who all set new club age group records in the last two months. See Club Records page.
- Shutdown - There is one change to the previously published Christmas schedule. The morning session on Friday 27th December will no longer take place. The evening session is still on. See Session Amendments page for the session schedule over the Christmas period.
- PB Quick Link - a quick link has been added to the ASA rankings database on the right hand side of this page so you can access your licensed PB’s.
Open Meet Update - 13th Dec 2013
- New Year Open - Accepted entries for the New Year Short Course gala (11/12th Jan) have now been posted on the Open Galas page. The updated schedule for this gala will be published shortly.
Various - 7th & 8th Dec 13
- Winter Open LC Gala - Regretfully, due to popularity of this event , it was necessary to reject a number of entries. Details of accepted and rejected entries are available on the Open Gala page together with an updated schedule which includes warm-up times. Swimmers are reminded that afternoon warm ups start at 1.15pm and entry to poolside is from 1.00pm ONLY. Club seating on poolside will be allocated .
- BPSC Club Champs - Congratulations to all who completed in this club event and many thanks to all the volunteers and officials without whom it could not have been held.
Results available here: Session One, Session Two, Sessions Three+Four
- League galas - Fixture dates have been announced for the forthcoming season for the Essex Swimming league, Essex Mini league and Junior M11 league. See Planned galas page. These have also been added to the club Calendar of Events.
Various - 9/11/13
- National Beacon Status - We are pleased to be able to announce that Basildon has been successful as one of only seven groups nationally in being awarded Sports England funding for Swimming under the ASA Beacon programme. This programme is funded by Sports England with an aim to nurture the next generation of elite athletes. This award follows confirmation earlier this year of the club’s Swim21 accreditation for its governance processes, and further reinforces growing recognition of the club for the quality of its training and development programme. See ASA Beacon announcement for more.
- Hall of Fame - We’ve added some recent club photos to a new Gallery and Hall of Fame page where we will look to add notable achievements by BPSC swimmers. Have a look!
- Session Change - Changes in swimming arrangements on Friday 22nd November due to the Essex Winter Championships are available on the Session Amendments page.
- Splash Night - Results from the October splash night are available here. Please note that we are reliant on people volunteering on recording of the times so on future splash nights we would be very grateful if parents of these swimmers could consider helping out so we can make this event even more successful. Please contact Lindsey Cooper to offer your support. No prior experience necessary!
Various - 26/10/13
- Open Gala - Results from the recent Autumn meet are now available on the Open Galas page.
- Mini League - A report is available from the last of this season’s gala which resulted in BPSC finishing overall second on the night. See Gala Results page.
- East Region Masters - A strong performance from our senior and masters swimmers resulted in a hatful of medals at these regional championships. These included gold’s from Jessica Ford, Samantha Mullender, Katrina Farrall, Abi Newell and Joe Wennell. See Gala Results page.
- Future galas - details added for Arena league round 2, 2014 qualifying times for East Region Youth and Age Group championships, plus schedule for East Region Winter Championships. All these are on the Planned galas page. Note: East Region have announced that 2014 qualifying times have been tightened up since it was becoming difficult to accommodate the number of swimmers qualifying.
- Club Records - The overall and age group club records have been updated to reflect galas though to 20th October. Congratulations to Brooke Frost and Conor Harrold who have broken overall club records in recent months. See Club Records page.
Various - 19/10/13
- Calendar - Arrangements for sessions over the Christmas period and dates for the 2014 Summer shutdown have been added to the Calendar of Events and Sessions Amendments pages. Please also note that the training session on 20th October has been cancelled due to the open gala over the weekend.
- Open Gala - Results from the Early Season meet are available on the Open Galas page.
- Arena league - Congratulations to the team who represented the club in our first foray into the National Arena league and came away with a decisive first place, winning 32 of the 50 events on the night. See Arena League Gala round 1 report for more. Well done all!
- Nationals - A report is now available from the National Youth and Age Group Championships at which five of the club’s swimmers took part and medals were won!. See 2013 BPSC Nationals Report.
Various - 29/9/13
- It is is with deep sadness that we have to announce the death of Dave Warriner, previously club chairman and head of the club’s Water Polo section. Dave was also a founder of the Go Polo initiative and major force in the development of Water Polo in the ASA East region. Dave’s energy and enthusiasm will be sadly missed.
- Open Galas - The Accepted Entries list and Final session schedule with warm-up details is now available for our BPSC Autumn meet in October. Financial summary form added for Winter LC gala.
- Club Champs - A club championships entry form has been added on the Planned Galas page. Please note that ALL club swimmers are encouraged to enter these championships. Event entry guidelines have been included on the entry form.
Various - 18/9/13
- Open Galas - The Accepted Entries list and Final session schedule with warm-up details is now available for our BPSC Early Season taster meet in September.
- Event Schedule - A couple of dates have been amended in the the new event schedule and Planned Gala Programme.
- Arena League - The club is entering a team in the National League this year. First fixture is on 12th October at Borehamwood. Draw for initial gala includes the following clubs: Brent Dolphins, Berkhamsted B, Braintree & Bocking, Greenwich Royals B, Brompton, Bushey (HOST) & Bethnal Green Sharks. Team selection will be announced nearer the time.
- England Talent - Congratulations to BPSC Swimmers Brooke Frost and Harvey Jolly for being selected for the England talent development programme starting in October. This is an excellent achievement and we wish them both every success with this programme.